Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, March 18, 2011

Becoming,,,

What I know two posts in one day, I know, I know shocker but just hang on and enjoy. This weekend has been our womens conference at our church and we have tomorrow left. I will say that I was more challenged tonight thant any other speaker. (no I am not biased about the speaker(she was my pastors wife)) Kristen really challenged me tonight to adopt an orphan (defined as those who have not yet believed in God) and that my orphan could be my neighbors or coworkers. Well I am sitting there thinking my immediate neighbors are my amazing inlaws and this incredible christian couple and their 12 kids. We than have two more neighbors at the front of our driveway (we live on a private drive and have 4 neighbors by us we are at the end though) I have meet only one of those and it was under pleasant bad circumstances; more to come on that. While the others I havent meet yet. And if you dont already know its been almost a year since I have worked. So tonight I sat there thinking who is my orphan? So of course God picks the one neighbor that was met under the circumstance. What makes it so hard about this neighbor is that the ony encounter I had with them was the day that He smacks into the side of our van with his lawnmower and gets off and starts cussing me out and yelling at me (again he smacked into us) and it ended causing over 1300 dollars of damage to our car and only about 400 dollars damage to his lawn mower and yelling at us called at that time my future fil and tried to blame it all on me and than getting off the phone continues to yell at me and this continues for a couple of minutes until jeremy (who he adores) is like this is my fiance and i dont appreciate how you are talking to her and of course than his whole tone and attitude changed now that I am not just some worker of Jeremys. So to say the least sometimes being nice to him is the easiest thing or the first thing to come to me. So know God is working on the resentment I feel towards to him. This should be interesting.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck on the deal with your neighbor. You and your husband are much better than I am. I have a hard time letting stuff like that go. I know I should but.......I'm bad. There's a woman whose son goes to Sean's school and I still hold resentment to her because she wouldn't allow her son to play with mine when they were in kinder because mine was "damaged." GRRRR!! She has actually tried to speak to me a couple of times this year and I admit to looking at her like she was nuts. My husband is as bad as me. She said hi to him several months ago and he looked at her and asked if she was talking to him. She said yes and he said "Oh" and just kept walking. It's hard when the victim of their cruel behavior is the ones we love. :( Keep us posted on how this goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, your new page design is absolutely beautiful but I can't read any posts unless I highlight the empty page area under the title. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. try it again i am trying to find a new cute background and not having much luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one is pretty. I probably should change mine since it's been the same for so long. Everybody's probably tired of seeing my saguaros. They're so AZ though. LOL I was just thinking, the other one you had up there last night might work if you use like purple text or something. Worth a try if you like it. :)

    ReplyDelete