Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Back to the basics!

For those who didnt know my mil and fil host a home group for their church, while its been just us and them I have throughly enjoyed it. The series is on worship. Tonight was a tough one (forgot my steel toed boots). The main point that hit home was the first thing talked about, the idols we put up in our life the things we want (i.e. our desires) as we were talking it hit me, I want JESUS and... My Will (at least for me). I realized that I want Gods best for my life but I want it in a way that makes sure that I get what I selfishly want. Not that the desires I want are bad or that they aren't in God's ultimate will and plan for my life; but do I want those things more; do I let my desires or even my laziness get in between me and my Heavenly Fathers plan for my life. I know that I have a lot of work to do and I know that I am guilty of many times putting my will and desires and selfishness and laziness ahead of what God wants me to do. If all God wanted me to do was get saved He would have called me to heaven almost 20 years ago; however He has a bigger plan for my life. I know it hasnt happened the way I thought it should or looked how it should and a lot of that is because of my selfish desires and will. I was challenged tonight to go deeper in my walk with God and to enter into worship more and longer periods of time. Also not to let my selfishness and will get in the way and stop me from where God is taking me. So I challenge all of you guys to go deeper, dig deeper, and put yourself last and God first.

No comments:

Post a Comment