Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, February 21, 2011

Taking a step out into the open...

I am about to write one of the most revealing open book blog I have ever wrote. Not very many people know about the situation I am about to write. I feel vunerable and exposed writing this but I believe hopefully this will reach someone else facing this same issue now or in the future. Anybody who knows myself or my husband knows that we both love children and want babies of our own. We have even picked out baby names one for a little boy named after his grandpas and his daddy and 2 little girls one after my mom and one that I came across one day while still working at the bank. We are eager to add children to our family as we are financial farther ahead than most newlyweds our age or even some not so newlyweds. We own our home with 3 extra bedrooms right now that are ready for a baby. BUT... we were told that we would not be able to have children. We have looked into adoption but the cost is almost a years worth of income and would mean that it would be 5 or 6 years before we could even look at the possibility of adopting a child and we know that we will also face a little more of a challenge as some adoption agencies require life insurance and both of us because of family medical history raises our life insurance rates sky high and also because of jeremys cerebal palsy he also has a hard time getting life insurance. We also know that we serve a HUGE GOD one that is bigger than our problems or impossibilities HE is a GOD of POSSIBILITIES. So we are trusting that God can overcome any and all of our impossibilites and that we can have our own biological child but we also know that if God chooses us to adopt our children we are open to that we just will have to be patient in waiting for the money as we want to do this debt free and we are hoping to be debt free by the end of the year. We also know that we need a better running vehicle before we have children and we also need as stated in the previous post to get ourselves in better shape for children. We are also believing for a complete healing for Jeremy from all of his cerebal palsy before we have children while we would be thrilled to find out today that we are pregnant but God is in control and we know what we will follow God's plan for our life for everything that God has for us like children and where we will live and work in ministry.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, again. You're probably getting sick of hearing from me since you don't know me from Adam but I have to respond to this one for sure.

    I'm sorry to hear about what you have been told regarding babies. That is rough. I haven't been through that particular aspect of it personally but my parents were. My mother had 4 miscarriages and a stillborn baby before I was born. After my brother was stillborn they were told no babies were going to happen. They decided to go the adoption route. The very day they were told there was a baby for them she found out she was pregnant with me. They decided to trust that God wanted them to have this baby she was pregnant with. So they did not take the other baby as the doctor told her that the work of having a newborn baby and being pregnant would be a guarantee of another miscarriage given her history. Well, 46 years later, here I am! That's not to say it was smooth sailing for them. I was born without a stomach valve so I couldn't keep any food down. The Lord fixed it before I was old enough to have the surgery to repair it. It's not perfect but it works. The front half of my feet were twisted and they said I wouldn't be able to walk without surgery. My grandfather wouldn't listen to that and he bought me special shoes and taught me how to walk by the time I was three years--WITHOUT surgery.

    If you read my blog you know that we have one son. I wanted more than one child. My husband wasn't ready right away so we waited a LONG time. I almost lost him in 1998 and he decided that it was time. Our son was born 6 weeks prematurely in 1999. I had a textbook pregnancy until the 7th month and then I got pre-eclampsia and was in a bad way. The doctor didn't tell us just how bad though. I guess he didn't want to scare us. His birth and aftermath is a novel. If you're interested, I'll share through email.

    I hope all goes well for the two of you. I'll be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete