Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

???

So I have another possibly gray area to bring up. (I like doing these gets you to really think). I have been watching Sister Wives on TLC. I know I know some would disapprove but anyways I am grown and its a clean show. First of lets just get this out of the way, I dont approve or agree of their lifestyle and how they choose to live. I dont think its right and they shouldnt be living this way. Okay now that that is over, What are everyones thoughts on the present investigation into their lives? I understand that it is illegal to practice polygamy in Utah and that by doing the show it would open up a huge can of worms. However I do not believe that they should be prosecuted for it. That their lifestyle is because of a religious belief and practice. This isnt something they are claiming to be just to get away with whatever they want, from all appearances (and I know appearances can be decieving) they truly believe this is the right way for them to live. All the wives are consenting adults when they were "married" there is no child abuse of any kind present (sexual, emotional, physical, physcological) that we can tell. They are not forcing their children into this lifestyle and marrying them underage and to older men that have several wives. All of his wives were from what I personally can remember them saying on the show raised this way and in this belief and many at least 3 of them had sister wife mothers if I remember correctly. I mean you can be gay, you can be straight and have several sexual partners and even have children with multiple people and stay that way and continue to see multiple people and not be prosecuted. I know that he is legally married and that take it to a different level, but what is the difference between that and an open marriage. If you agree to be in an open marriage where you see other people there may be at times for periods of time where one person is seeing someone else or sleeping around. Like I said I dont agree with what they are doing and how they are living their life but I also dont think that they should be prosecuted and sent to jail and the family all split up. I mean arent we in American trying to keep the family unit together and dont we (as in America we) teach tolerance to others such as bobby who has the two mommies or susie who has two daddies, or sally whose mommy sleeps around and has several sexual parteners, or johnny who has no daddy  or might have a daddy but no mommy and yet their parents are not proscuted for living a different lifestyle of their own choosing. Shouldnt their religious beliefs although not the norm be protected by our constitution. Isnt this considered where the government is stepping in and saying you can believe this this isnt a religious practice we approve of and for lack of a better term going against what our forefathers wanted with the seperation of church and state (i know thats not in the constitution or anything like that and that it was written in a private letter i know i know; like i said lack of a better term) Anyways would be curious to hear other peoples thoughts

4 comments:

  1. I'll learn to copy before I try to send stuff one of these days. Stupid computer sent my comment into oblivion. Oh well, my view boils down to: One vote against the lifestyle and neutral on the prosecution.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, unless he has broken the law by trying to be legally married to more than one of the wives, i don't think they should be prosecuted. however, i dont agree with this or think it is the best environment and teaching for children. but i feel the same way about homosexual couples, fornicators and drug abusers. and plenty of them have children and arent investigated.

    why would he try to legally marry more than one person. thats just asking for trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard him talk about his wives that the only one he is legal married to is his first wife and the other ones it was just a religious ceremony that there is no legally binding paperwork or document that they sign saying that they are legally married.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree as well that it is not the best situitation at all for children and its the same as the fornicators and drug abusers and homosexuals.

    ReplyDelete