Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, May 2, 2011

Probably going to get shot or something....

I know that what I am about to write is very very controversial and will probably result in some not so nice feelings towards me but oh well this is my blog and for this blog I am putting into the age old rule that "if you cant say something nice, dont say something at all" I dont say this to be like I am right and you are wrong in the feelings because this kind of confusing even for me.

The death of Osama Bin Laden brings up for me many  mixed emotions. While I am relieved and excited and happy that he is no longer able himself to make plans and carry out terriost actions and that we can sleep a little more peacefully at night knowing he is gone; and yet at the same time my heart breaks to know he is spending all of eternity in hell and that someone that God loved so much that He sent His own son to die for him would reject him and would choose to not accept the gift and sacrifice that God made for him and to choose to spend eternity away from God breaks my heart and brings me almost to tears. I know that he is responsible for the deaths of countless and priceless men, women, and children and I know that he had to be brought to justice and even death I understand that and even the Bible talks about if you take a mans life so shall your life be taken and I agree that he should have been put to death, killed, assasinated, (however you would like to term it) but I also know that someone should have been able to share the gospel with him and give him the chance to accept Christ. Thats the God I serve that no matter what you have done where you have been or what you are doing He can and will forgive you and save you and then when you die you will go to heaven. That doesnt mean he didnt have to pay for what he did if he became a christian. Salvation is not a get out jail free card here on earth. You still have to pay for your actions that you choose to do and if its breaking the law murder terriost acts than there are dire consquences and can lead to their death as well. I am happy and excited and am so thankful that Osama is dead and that he has recieved his earthly justice but I do know that it breaks God heart that Osama choose not to follow him and to love him and serve him. My heart has been broken for this man's salvation since 9/11 again I am not saying he should not have been punished he definitely deserved to be punished and severely and with his life but to know that unless he cried out to God before he died that Osama is spending all of eternity in utter torment and pain and suffering. I know that I will most likely recieve a lot of flack for this and I expect it. I do also know that in God's eyes sin is sin, that murder is no more severe than lying and that stealing is the same as adultry. So if we would judge the world in Gods standards than those who do not accept the gift of salvation no matter how good of a person they are and that no matter that they never broke the law or did anything wrong in the the worlds eyes they are no different than Osama that the man who cheats on his taxes and steals money from the government and never repents and makes it right and rejects God is no different the Osama who killed countless lives.

Again I say that I AM GLAD THAT HE IS DEAD! But my heart is broken over the fact that he is eternally sepereated from God and will never know the saving knowledge of Jesus.

1 comment:

  1. A non-censored comment. *grin* I also have had mixed emotions over this death. I don't know if you saw my FB status or not but this was my uncle's response to it: "I do agree with you on the way you handled Osama's death with Sean. I was very upset to see people celebrating the death of someone even if that person is considered evil. For Christians who do so they are certainly not familiar with the Ten Commandments or the teachings of Jesus. You are teaching your son correctly."

    I also saw the statement the Vatican released and it sort of summed up my feelings as well. "In the face of a man’s death, a Christian never rejoices, but reflects on the serious responsibilities of each person before God and before men, and hopes and works so that every event may be the occasion for the further growth of peace and not of hatred.”

    Basically I guess what would sum it up for me is relief but not joy.

    ReplyDelete