Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, February 6, 2015

The Real Deal...

So 15 minutes before you head out the door to church is not the greatest time to start a blog post but hey you grab the time you get and for me its very far and few between. I read blogs all the time from women who have full time jobs, kids, full time jobs with kids, some have full time jobs, kids, and go to school full time or part time, and here I am sitting here married with a dog. Like "Okay Katie get it together there are women out there that are doing more things and blog way more. However I know that everyone's situation is different and people make different priorities (not saying anything bad about making blogging a priority). I have been so encouraged lately though by a blog that I don't even remember how I found but it has done my heart so much good because its the real deal. Click here to read it Dana has had so many encouraging posts that have done so much good for my heart and soul and lets me know I am not alone. However it has also challenged me to become the Real Deal. To reach out and talk more about our marriage and the obstacles that come with it and the way we have to do things differently and to know I am not crazy to feel overwhelmed with things arise. In an interdependent marriage someone is left with a bigger load to carry and even if you have a health aid it doesn't necessarily eliminate it all. Sometimes you just get overwhelmed.

For Jeremy and I we really haven't had any consistency other than be crazy busy and having people live with us since we have been married. I think out of 3 1/2 years we have had 6 months were it was just us in the house us and the dog. However consistency is key in a marriage like ours I am sure in others too but I can only speak for my marriage. Things I have learned in the past 4 years (with an interdependent marriage) is that you have to keep a very loose schedule which doesn't really work in our able bodied focused world. While we strive to keep to a schedule and not run late its always when something major happens like a wire breaks, body functions go awry yes tmi but our marriage has been a journey has included a ton of tmi moments. Another thing is that no matter what as the able bodied partner you have two wear 2 different hats you have to wear a caretaker hat and you have to wear the spouse hat. There are so many times that it is hard or impossible to switch from caretaker to spouse in a heartbeat.


Obviously a lot of time has passed since this blog was first started and so much has changed since this. We have sold our house moved across the country and bought a house and are settling in. We also hired an aide for Jeremy. It has been wonderful and it has really helped our marriage a lot. I am not having to switch hats so often any more and its been nice to feel some doors open again that I thought had been shut forever without an aid. I still plan on being the real deal in my blogs and living a more transparent life in regards to a interdependent marriage. For now though I just will post this and leave it at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment